About the ARL PD Bank
- Brian W. Keith, Associate Dean for Administrative Services and Faculty Affairs, University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries. Responsible for overall project direction, implementation, and high-level coordination of the UF Leadership Team, ARL Project Liaison, and Contributors.
- Bonnie J. Smith, Assistant Program Director, Human Resources, University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries. Responsible for engagement with ARL Personnel Officers. Primary coordinator and director for all communication with ARL Personnel Officers for focus groups, surveys, communications, and evaluations.
- Laurie N. Taylor, Digital Humanities Librarian, University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries. Responsible for analysis, synthesis, and translation of user needs into technical specifications and requirements. Supports system usability, creation and refinement of documentation for technical and user needs, gathering user feedback, user testing, and user training.
- Mark V. Sullivan, Head, Digital Development and Web Services, University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries. Responsible for all technical aspects of the system development. Assists in user training to ensure the technical strength and ease of use for all tools and technologies.
- ARL Personnel Officers contributing through focus groups and other feedback channels.
Webinars and Additional Resources
- Funding Proposal (April 2012)
- Handout for ARL Directors Meeting (April 2012)
- Development and Planning Webinars for ARL Institutions (May 2012) (Version 1, Version 2)
- Initial Design and Project Overview for ARL Institutions (June 2012)
- Presentation to ACRL Personnel Administrators and Staff Development Officer Discussion Group, 2012 ALA Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA (June 2012)
- Orientations and Feedback Sessions for Round 1 Beta-Testing Institutions (October – November 2012)
- ARL Project Status Report and System Demonstration (November 2012)
- Orientations and Feedback Sessions for Round 2 Beta-Testing Institutions (January 2013)
- Project System Demonstration at 2013 ALA Mid-Winter Conference, Seattle, WA (January 2013) (Handout, Slides)
- System Orientation for Live System (April 2013) (Slides, Video)
- Live Online Demonstration and Q&A Sessions for ARL Institutions (February 2013 – ongoing)
- Presentation for ARL Directors Meeting (May 2013)
- Final Report and Recommendation of the ARL PD Bank Working Group (October 2013)
- ASERL User Conduct Agreement for the ARL PD Bank (November 2013)
- IFLA Poster: "ARL PD Bank: A Collaborative Model" (August 2014)
- User Guides & Documentation
- System and Usage Statistics (June 2013)
- System and Usage Statistics (September 2013)
- System and Usage Statistics (November 2013)
- System and Usage Statistics (January and June 2014)
ARL PD Bank in the News
- "UF Top Publications: ARL PD Bank (database)" Library Publishing Directory 2014 (Oct. 2013)
- "ARL Debuts Position Description Bank" Library Journal (Feb. 7, 2013)
- "ARL Position Description Bank Launches" ARL Announce (Feb. 1, 2013)
- "ARL Position Description Bank Demo at ALA Midwinter" Against the Grain (Jan. 24, 2013)
- "ARL Position Description Bank Demo" ARL Weekly Update (Jan. 11, 2013)
- "ARL Position Description Bank Demo to Be Held at ALA Midwinter" ARL News (Dec. 5, 2012)
- ARL PD Bank mentioned in "Update on the BRDI [Board on Research Data and Information] Symposium on Digital Curation in the Era of Big Data," University of Massachusetts E-Science Blog (August 9, 2012)
The ARL PD Bank supports accessibility in many ways. First, the site is designed to modern web standards for optimal interoperability and accessible on various devices and using various software. Additionally, all sites hosted by the University of Florida, including like the ARL PD Bank, are supported with the Life Text Transcoder which “dynamically converts UF web pages into its text-only version in order to improve the user experience for disabled or mobile users.” For more information, see: http://text.ufl.edu/.