Skip to Content
Goal Concepts for Access Support
- Absorb course reserve responsibilities (print and electronic reserves) for the Journalism Library; work with AFA to plan for absorbing some of Music Library course reserves operations in early 2013.
- Collaborate with Branch Libraries to plan and implement centralizing of E-reserves materials processing; evaluate workflow to ensure quality and timeliness of services and availability.
Policy, Procedure, Communication, Documentation
- Migrate library-wide access support and circulation policies and procedures to Access Support and Circulation Discussion Group SharePoint; collaborate with members to update policies and procedures as necessary.
- Post public circulation policies on the Access Support home page; maintain current and accurate documents.
- Migrate department documents and policies from Access Services LibGuide to Access Support SharePoint; maintain current procedures and workflows.
- Maintain up-to-date content on Access Support, Interlibrary Loan, and Course Reserves web pages (include hours, staff organization, statistical reports, and unit goals).
- Develop plan for marketing Access Support services to UF users: Course Reserves on Ares and Copyright best practices; Interlibrary Loan Services on UBorrow and Books on Demand.
- Establish Course reserves accessibility processes to accommodate patrons with specific needs.
- Work with IT, Atlas and OCLC in converting ILLiad log on so that it conforms to UF Shibboleth authentication systems.
- Provide support and system update coordination for ILLiad and Ares with HSCL/Borland and Legal Information Center.
- Evaluate Ariel document delivery service for cancellation in an effort to cancel the service with Lyrasis; announce cancellation to SUS.
- Collaborate with Acquisitions to review guidelines for placing orders through Books on Demand patron driven service.
- Collaborate with Acquisitions to review guidelines and refine processing for ordering materials to fill course reserves requests from UF faculty.
- Investigate the utility of ILLiad and Ares Add-ons (short-cuts); implement add-ons that contribute to workflow efficiency.
- Paul McDonough will collaborate with Christine Fruin to contribute copyright training that supports faculty submitting course reserve requests.
- Melanie Davis will develop a basic interlibrary loan program for library staff to provide general information about ILL services; she will also create a LibGuide to document the PowerPoint presentation.
- Continue cross training Course Reserves and Interlibrary Loan staff in various unit tasks and refine workflows as needed.