Visiting the Library Spaces
What are the Libraries’ hours?
- Please check our hours page for the most accurate and up-to-date hours.
Do I have to wear a mask in the library?
- Per UF guidance, students, staff, faculty and visitors are welcome to wear face coverings in our libraries.
Will you still be checking for “Cleared for Campus” Status on One.UF, and do I still have to show my Gator 1 ID?
- No, we will not be checking if you are “Cleared for Campus” at our entry points in the libraries. We will also not be checking your Gator 1 ID’s at the doors.
What are the Libraries doing to ensure my health and safety?
- The Libraries continue to offer a number of our services virtually. Those are outlined on our Virtual Services During COVID-19 page. If you are visiting us in person, the Libraries welcome the use of masks, and continue to encourage social distancing. We ask that visitors postpone in-person visits when they are not feeling well.
Can visitors not affiliated with the University visit the libraries?
- Yes. Welcome, visitors! Non-affiliated patrons can visit the UF George A. Smathers Libraries. Visit our page for visitors to the library. In addition, we continue to support our UF affiliated patrons and visitors on our online chat service. Please chat with us via Ask-A-Librarian.
Can I eat and drink inside the library?
- Covered drinks and snacks are permitted in most campus Libraries. Hot entrees, salad, pizza, soup and hot, messy or odorous items must be consumed outside. No food or drink may be consumed in specialized collections (Architecture & Fine Arts Library, Map & Imagery Library, Special Collections) or posted areas.
Is Starbucks open?
- Starbucks locations at Library West and Marston Science Library post their open hours separately. Please check for Campus dining facilities hours.
Can groups meet to study in the library? Can we reserve study rooms?
- The majority of our study rooms are available for use. Please visit our Study & Testing Spaces page for more information and to reserve a study room.
Is there a limit to how many visitors can come to the library at a time?
- No, we no longer monitor building entry for occupancy limits. If you would like to know how many visitors are in a particular library, please visit our occupancy status site.
How do I access the HSC Library?
- The HSC Library is open to all UF affiliates during posted hours. For more information about HSCL Covid protocols, please see the HSC Library’s Covid-19: Visiting the Library page.
Are there other places I can study on campus?
- Yes! The Reitz Union is open from 7 am- 11 pm, daily – listing of full hours. Newell Hall is another study spot – please visit their hours page.
Aside from the Libraries, are there other places to study on campus that have computers I can use?
- Yes! The Academic Technology Labs on campus are open – please see their hours. The AT Labs operates Windows and Mac computers that are available to University of Florida students, faculty and staff. The Lab also provides printing services.