Please visit our Hours page for additional information.
Welcome! Please review our library guidelines:
Practice Social Distancing. Wash and Sanitize hands often.
Your safety is very important to us! Please click below to see the safety measures we have taken at the Libraries.
Click below to see the changes we have made, and what you can expect when you visit us.
Although we are no longer monitoring occupancy in our library spaces, you can still check how many visitors are in our spaces in real time!
Hope we can answer some of your questions. Please check out our FAQ.
What to expect when you are visiting the libraries:
We are looking forward to your visit! To promote social distancing and ensure the safety of our patrons and library staff, we had to make a few changes. Here’s what you can expect:
- Face coverings are optional. Those not fully vaccinated for COVID-19 are recommended to continue wearing masks, according to CDC guidance.
- Study spaces are re-configured to promote social distancing.
- We have removed a number of tables, chairs and public computer stations.
- Group study rooms will not be available.
- Covered drinks and snacks are permitted in most campus Libraries. Hot entrees, salad, pizza, soup and hot, messy or odorous items must be consumed outside. No food or drink may be consumed in specialized collections (Architecture & Fine Arts Library, Map & Imagery Library, Special Collections) or posted areas.
Our Library Hours
|Marston Science Library||10am-11pm||8am-11pm||8am-9pm||10am-6pm|
|Health Science Center Library*||Closed||7:30am-7pm||7:30am-7pm||Closed|
|Architecture & Fine Arts Library||Closed||8am-6pm||8am-5pm||Closed|
|Ask-A-Librarian Virtual Assistance||10am-3pm||8am-10pm||8am-6pm||10am-3pm|
* Please view the HSC Library’s Visiting the Library information page to learn how Health Science Center students, residents, and fellows can access the HSC Library’s 2nd floor (limited access).
**Please view the SASC COVID-19 Announcement from the Department of Special and Area Studies Collections to learn how UF affiliates can set up on-site research appointments to access materials within the Smathers Library.
What are we asking of you?
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please wash your hands often.
- Please maintain at least 6 feet distance from other patrons and staff.
- Please be patient, follow instructions and cooperate with our library staff.
What measures are the libraries taking to keep patrons and staff safe?
- Reducing the number of computers available for use.
- Encouraging individual study to promote social distancing.
- Installing plexiglass shields at public services desks and service points.
- Providing access to additional hand-sanitizing stations.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high traffic areas and surfaces.
- Continue to provide exemplary remote and virtual services to all of our patrons, so you can continue to study at home safely.