Please visit our Hours page for additional information.
Welcome! Please review our library guidelines:
Masks Encouraged. Practice Social Distancing. Sanitize hands often.
Your safety is very important to us! Please click below to see the safety measures we have taken at the Libraries.
Click below to see the changes we have made, and what you can expect when you visit us.
Although we are no longer monitoring occupancy in our library spaces, you can still check how many visitors are in our spaces in real time!
Hope we can answer some of your questions. Please check out our FAQ.
What to expect when you are visiting the libraries:
We are looking forward to your visit! To promote social distancing and ensure the safety of our patrons and library staff, we had to make a few changes. Here’s what you can expect:
- Face coverings are expected, even if you’re fully vaccinated.
- Study spaces are re-configured to promote social distancing, and we have removed a number of tables, chairs and public computer stations.
- Covered drinks and snacks are permitted in most campus Libraries. Hot entrees, salad, pizza, soup and hot, messy or odorous items must be consumed outside. No food or drink may be consumed in specialized collections (Architecture & Fine Arts Library, Map & Imagery Library, Special Collections) or posted areas.
Our Library Hours
Please visit https://ufl.libcal.com/hours/ for the most up to date information on our hours.
Please view the HSC Library’s Visiting the Library information page to learn how Health Science Center students, residents, and fellows can access the HSC Library’s 2nd floor after hours.
The SASC COVID-19 Announcement page from the Department of Special and Area Studies Collections has details how UF affiliates can set up on-site research appointments to access materials within the Smathers Library.
What are we asking of you?
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please consider wearing a mask while you are visiting us.
- Please wash your hands often.
- Please maintain at least 6 feet distance from other patrons and staff.
- Please be patient, follow instructions and cooperate with our library staff.
What measures are the libraries taking to keep patrons and staff safe?
- Encouraging individual study to promote social distancing.
- Installing plexiglass shields at public services desks and service points.
- Providing access to additional hand-sanitizing stations.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high traffic areas and surfaces.
- Continue to provide exemplary remote and virtual services to all of our patrons, so you can continue to study at home safely.