Coming soon to the UF Libraries!
On July 13, 2021, all Florida public colleges and universities will be upgrading our core library platform to the Alma and Primo VE library systems. This next-generation integrated library system (ILS) leverages cloud-based services and offers a responsive, scalable web and mobile design. This upgrade will expand access to materials and improve the user experience for students, faculty, and staff.
How will UF benefit from Primo VE?
Take a look at the new library discovery system. Please note: Item statuses and account access are not updated. For testing purposes only.
The new Primo VE discovery service will allow better access and management of the Library’s print, electronic, and digital collections as well as improved discovery of items across all Florida institutions. Primo VE will change how our existing library catalog and OneSearch looks and functions.
Other enhanced features include:
- Enhanced User Experience: Better integration of the library’s collections along with improved and expanded search capabilities.
- Faster: Save time by searching almost all of the library’s collections and beyond in one simple search.
- More Discovery: Explore and learn through automatic recommendations, virtual title browsing, and citation trails.
- Personalized Search Experience: Log in to save your research preferences. Save your items in your eShelf and easily export records to citation management systems.
- On-the-Go: Improved mobile user interface allows researchers to search on their favorite mobile device.
- Seamless Integration: Alma and Primo VE work together to provide one user-friendly account for most library needs.
Important Upcoming Dates
- May 1, 2021 – UBorrow Functionality is Disabled in Aleph/ Mango. It will be reactivated in Alma/ Primo after go live
- Last day to borrow books via UBorrow: April 30, 2021
- Currently loaned UBorrow books due by June 30, 2021
- Any requests from May 1 through go-live should be submitted via ILL
- July 9, 2021 – the Big FreezeFulfillment/ Circulation Freeze
- Circulation of materials can still take place, but will be loans and returns will not be reflected in the system until July 13th.
- July 13, 2021 – Go Live for Alma and Primo VE
- System will be updated with any transactions that have taken place since July 9th.
- Searching will be done via Primo VE