On July 13, 2021, all Florida public colleges and universities upgraded our core library platform to the Alma and Primo VE library systems. This next-generation integrated library system (ILS) leverages cloud-based services and offers a responsive, scalable web and mobile design. This upgrade expands access to materials and improves the user experience for students, faculty, and staff.
How UF benefits from Primo VE?
The new Primo VE discovery service allows better access and management of the Library’s print, electronic, and digital collections as well as improved discovery of items across all Florida institutions. Primo VE changes how our existing library catalog looks and functions.
Other enhanced features include:
- Enhanced User Experience: Better integration of the library’s collections along with improved and expanded search capabilities.
- Faster: Save time by searching almost all of the library’s collections and beyond in one simple search.
- More Discovery: Explore and learn through automatic recommendations, virtual title browsing, and citation trails.
- Personalized Search Experience: Log in to save your research preferences. Save your items in your eShelf and easily export records to citation management systems.
- On-the-Go: Improved mobile user interface allows researchers to search on their favorite mobile device.
- Seamless Integration: Alma and Primo VE work together to provide one user-friendly account for most library needs.