Please visit our Hours page for additional information.
Welcome! Please review our library guidelines:
Face Coverings are required. Practice Social Distancing. Wash and Sanitize hands often.
Your safety is very important to us! Please click below to see the safety measures we have taken at the Libraries.
Click below to see the changes we have made, and what you can expect when you visit us.
We’re setting limits to how many people can be in our library spaces at one time to promote social distancing. Curious about the occupancy at your favorite study spot? Click below to find out!
Hope we can answer some of your questions. Please check out our FAQ.
What to expect when you are visiting the libraries:
We missed you and look forward to having you back! To promote social distancing and ensure the safety of our patrons and library staff, we had to make a few changes. Here’s what you can expect:
- The libraries are reopening to UF affiliates only. We will be checking your Gator-1 IDs at the door.
- There is a limit on how many patrons can enter the library at a time. If we are at capacity when you come, we will ask you to visit us later. Visit our occupancy site to see the occupancy status of your favorite library to study in!
- Face coverings are mandatory, and must stay on during the entire duration of your stay.
- Study spaces are re-configured to promote social distancing.
- We have removed a number of tables, chairs and public computer stations.
- Group study rooms will not be available.
- Only bottled water is allowed in the Libraries. Food and covered drinks (including Starbucks) will not be allowed.
- Library West will not be 24/7. You can check out our up to date hours on our Hours page or view the table below for a quick glance at our Fall 2020 hours. Hours will be adjusted on our Hours page to reflect UF Holidays and exceptions throughout the semester.
Our Fall 2020 Hours
|Marston Science Library||10am-1am||8am-1am||8am-11pm||9am-8pm|
|Health Science Center Library*||Closed||7:30am-7pm||7:30am-7pm||Closed|
|Architecture & Fine Arts Library||Closed||8am-6pm||8am-5pm||Closed|
|Ask-A-Librarian Virtual Assistance||9am-1pm||8am-9pm||8am-5pm||9am-1pm|
* Please view the HSC Library’s Fall 2020: Visiting the Library information page to learn how Health Science Center students, residents, and fellows can access the HSC Library’s 2nd floor while the library is closed.
**Please view the SASC COVID-19 Announcement from the Department of Special and Area Studies Collections to learn how UF affiliates can set up on-site research appointments to access materials within the Smathers Library.
What are we asking of you?
- Please wear a face covering if you visit us.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please wash your hands often.
- Please maintain at least 6 feet distance from other patrons and staff.
- Please be patient, follow instructions and cooperate with our library staff. We really do miss you, and are doing all we can to keep everyone safe.
What measures are the libraries taking to keep patrons and staff safe?
- Reducing the number of computers available for use.
- Limiting the number of patrons allowed in library spaces at a time to promote social distancing.
- Requiring all patrons AND staff to wear face coverings.
- Installing plexiglass shields at public services desks and service points.
- Quarantining returned library materials for 72 hours.
- Providing access to additional hand-sanitizing stations.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high traffic areas and surfaces.
- Continue to provide exemplary remote and virtual services to all of our patrons, so you can continue to study at home safely.