A complete listing of all UF Libraries’ databases. Users can view all the databases alphabetically, search for a database by title, or use the three drop downs on the A – Z Database List to search for databases by subject, type, or vendor.
Project Starter Database
- Primo Search emulates the ‘simple search’ experience of Google. However, instead of searching across the entire open Web as Google does, Primo searches the majority of the authoritative electronic and print resources subscribed to and purchased by by the UF Libraries (including Library Catalog records for books, etc. shelved in the local collections).
- After you enter your search, you can enter additional search terms, limit results to articles with full text, to books in the library, etc.
Other General & Multidisciplinary Databases
Following are other databases that will help you get started in your research – especially when looking for articles. Each database searches thousands of journals and provides links to peer-reviewed and scholarly articles. These do not search UF Library Catalog records.
- More than 13,600 indexed and abstracted journals.
- Full text for over 4,700 journals.
- Over 12,000 peer-reviewed, indexed and abstracted journals.
- More than 4,000 peer-reviewed, full-text journals.
- Easily limit searches to records with full text, peer-reviewed, etc.
- Search over 50 article databases together or select more specific subject groupings to limit results.
- Easily limit your search results to records linking to full text, peer-reviewed, etc.
- Includes former Cambridge Scientific Abstracts databases.
- Search 50+ Gale Group databases.
- After displaying search results you may limit to only records having full text.
- 1900 to present.
- Includes Science, Social Science, and Arts & Humanities Citation Indexes.
Online Reference Collections
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Oxford Bibliographies
- Oxford Handbooks
- Oxford Reference
- Oxford Research Encyclopedias
- Sage E-Reference
- Reference Universe
Hot Topics & Social Issues
- 1991 to present.
- Weekly issues providing up-to-date information on controversial subjects – reported by CQ’s (Congressional Quarterly’s) staff of experienced reporters.
- Browse by date or topic.
- OVIC features viewpoint articles, topic overviews, full-text magazine, academic journal, and newspaper articles, primary source documents, statistics, images and podcasts, and links to websites
News & Newspapers
- Over 10,000 full-text news sources from around the world including many Florida papers (such as The Gainesville Sun and The Miami Herald) as well as over 30 major metro titles.
- Full-text documents from over 5,600 news, business, legal, medical, and reference publications.
- Limit searches by news category, source, and date, and search within specific title.
- Historical and current access to local and regional newspapers, ethnic newspapers, and US major dailies such as The New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal and the Chicago Tribune. Additionally, UF offers free subscriptions to the New York Times, Wall Street Journal & The Economist for UF staff, faculty and registered students.
- The Historical Digital Newspaper Catalog Collection is an online tool that facilitates the discovery of online digitized historical newspaper content from the United States. NewspaperCat currently links to over 1000 full-text newspaper titles.